By Eli Brecher
This perfectly fluffy and moist mug cake takes only 2 minutes to whip up from start to finish – if using a microwave – or 10 minutes with the oven version, which I personally prefer. It is packed with protein and free from gluten and dairy, with a vegan option.
- 1 egg (can replace with flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 scoop or sachet Chocolate Protein Multitasker
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cashew butter
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few squares of dark chocolate, broken into chunks (or use chocolate chips)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl: protein powder, cacao powder, baking powder, coconut flour, coconut sugar and chocolate chunks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, cashew butter and vanilla, and stir it into the dry mixture until fully combined.
- For Microwave version: Grease a mug with coconut oil, pour mixture in top with more chocolate chips and heat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds.
- For oven version: Pour batter into a greased oven-proof ramekin, top with more chocolate chips and bake for 10 minutes on 180 C, or for an extra couple of minutes if you want a drier muffin texture.