Guy with dog *swipe*, Guy with baby *swipe*, Rugby action shot *swipe*, Vegas pool party *swipe*,Guy with elephant in Thailand *swipe*, Works at Deloitte *swipe*, Went to University of Loughborough *Swipe*, Likes Gin *Swipe*
For all you single ladies out there, I feel you. The dating world is hard, if not brutal, nothing like Sex & The City had it cracked up to be. Realistically, how are you supposed to meet that special someone in a city full of endless options? Friends have probably tried to set you up, it’s unlucky to bump into your next lover on the street, and the hot Brazilian you met at the bar last weekend is headed back to São Paolo. We’ve turned to Bumble as the next best option. We like Bumble because it changes the traditional dating narrative: women make the first move. At first it can seem a bit daunting, but we quickly learned to love this feature as it is an easy way to weed out people. Plus, in case you get a little swipe happy, it allows you to double check your matches before moving forward. According to Forbes, “as of February 2017 there are 12.5 million registered bumble users with London being in the top three most active cities.” With that many people on the app - why not explore your options?! Here are our top tips to killing the game:
1. First and foremost, back yourself ladies! You can connect to thousands of people in one go and knowing everyone else can do the same is scary and can make you feel insecure. Don’t let that get to you! Sure, the grass is always greener, but you’re cool and fabulous just the way you are.
2. Make sure you are putting your best foot forward. To get the most attention, Bumble recommends that you completely fill out your profile: add all six photos, write a short, snappy bio, verify your account, and connect your Spotify.
3. On that note, be genuine and authentic. Nothing is worse than showing up to drinks terrified your date won’t be able to recognize you. Say goodbye to Facetune and make sure you are portraying yourself accurately.
4. Be picky. As much fun as it is to swipe endlessly, having to start a million conversations and keep with them is overwhelming and a massive time suck. When you are swiping, think to yourself, “Would I actually meet him or her for drinks?” “Are they worth a journey on the underground?” If the answer is yes, go for it. If not, life’s too short to waste your time on hypothetical people, stop the chit chat ASAP. Don’t forget, you don’t owe anyone anything.
5. Change the way you view the app, According to biological anthropologist Helen Fisher, “Tinder is nothing new. It's just a new interface for doing things the way we did them millions of years ago. -- view it as an introducing app, not a dating app.” We much prefer this mindset, it helps us take everything with a grain of salt and makes the process seem more natural!
6. Get Offline! After exchanging WhatsApps, don’t wait too long before planning a meet up. As scary as it is to meet a stranger, being able to read each other’s body language and tone is paramount to seeing if you get on. We do know that you’re super busy, but if you can, carve out a little bit of time to test the waters. Who knows how things will go!
7. Most importantly, have fun! Dating doesn’t have to be a full time job, you’re not always going to meet a person you have amazing chemistry with, but it doesn’t hurt to make a new friend and share a laugh. Best of luck ladies!