Make every sweat count! Hitting the gym day and night is a wasted effort if you haven’t got the body confidence to match. We all want to find a way to keep our body and mind in good shape, right? Well, Beyoncé, Rhianna and Britney (among many others) may have found the answer. The power of dance is well-proven to improve your strength, positivity and body-confidence. Follow these Fit&Flexi Facts to boost your body confidence and release your inner sass queen:
- Happy Hour – Dance elevates your mood by stimulating the release of endorphins. Endorphins interact with receptors in the brain triggering a positive feeling in the body and an energised outlook on life. Full body exercises are better at producing these happy hormones, so leave your inhibitions at the door. Dance around the studio, drunk on endorphins, in a happy hour without the hangover!
- Twerkout - Workout because you love your body, not because you hate it. Science agrees that exercise is a certified mood booster. Once the happy hormones kick in there’s no room for low self esteem. The tricky part is staying motivated. If the gym doesn’t keep you engaged, branch out and find a workout that you love. This way, you’re exercising purely for the love of the doing the sport and not to attain a specific weight or look.
- FLAWSOME – Embrace your flaws and know that you’re awesome regardless! Don’t be worried about making a mistake, in life or on the dance floor! Not everyone is flawless, apart from Beyoncé, so love yourself on the up days and the down days.
- Squad Goals – Surround yourself with fitness minded people, positivity is contagious!! If you’re needing a pick me up, buzz off other’s positive vibes! Head to a dance class and enjoy the hive of energy! Shake your royal jelly to Queen Bey
- Fake it ‘til you make it – Love the way you look and so will every body else! Ditching your negative mindset can seem impossible, so start by faking it! When you spot yourself in the mirror pick out the positives and tell yourself that you’re beautiful! Positive vibes will improve your posture and you’ll soon be carrying yourself with confidence!
- Love yo’self – According to scientific research, dancing lifts the spirit. Just as you can’t pat your head and rub your tummy together, you can’t worry and dance at the same time. Doing the things you love breeds happiness, so turn that music up and strut!
Add dance into your workout schedule and twerkout to boost your health-esteem #SlayAllDay, and don't forget to follow with a Protein Multitasker to #MakeEverySweatCount!