We are almost mid-way through January, and while many a resolution may have fallen short, aiming for a healthy lifestyle will never expire or go out of fashion. Here are our top 5 tips on how to juggle work and a healthy lifestyle:
- Do something everyday, no matter how simple or how small. Go for a 15 minute walk on your lunch break, get off the bus/tube a few stops earlier and walk the rest, squeeze in a 30 minute yoga video or 10 minute HIIT session. It's all about moving your body.
- Don't be afraid to EAT! Food is nourishment, so be sure to be getting enough protein, carbs and fats as well as focusing on quality ingredients and micronutrients. Fuelling the body is key for a healthy life, so fight the fads and let go of food fears.
- Stock up on healthy snacks to get you through the day. We love our Cacao Wonderballs for a chocolate-y snack, or our Almond Butter Wonderballs for for anytime!
- Prep meals in advance. You can keep this simple with only prepping one meal (such as breakfast) or even prepping breakfast, lunch, and a snack. Some find it easier to make a big batch prep on a Sunday evening, or simply double or triple meals you make and keep in containers to bring to work.
- Practise self love. Leave work stressors at work, meditate with apps on the journey home (we love Headspace), go for a relaxing yin yoga class, light some candles, take a bath, and speak to yourself in a kind voice. Healthy body and healthy mind are interconnected, and you can't have one without the other.
Photo by Rima from Pardon My Writings.