Healthy Cookie Brownie Skillet
- Date 24 September 2018
- Words Recipe by Hannah Anderson
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
3 tbsp apple sauce
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1/3 cup self raising flour
Pinch of salt
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
Handful of cacao nibs
3 scoops of MISSFITS Chocolate Protein Multitasker
1 tsp coconut flour
¼ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
4 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp of coconut sugar
Handful of choice chips
2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Grease your skillet with coconut oil and set to one side.
- You’ll need to start with the brownie mixture for the base. In a bowl whizz all your ingredients together (apart from the chocolate chips) until everything is combined. Once mixed, pop the mixture into the bottom of the skillet and layer evenly.
- To make your cookie pop all the ingredients (apart from the chocolate chips) into a bowl and whizz together. Once mixed, stir in the chocolate chips.
- The mixture for the cookie dough will be quite cake like therefore you will need to pour the mixture on top of the brownie layer. Finish by placing the leftover chocolate chips for the brownie layer on top of the brownie on the outsides.
- Pop the skillet in the middle of the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. You will need to watch your skillet very carefully in order to get the texture/moisture you want. I baked mine for exactly 10 minutes and ended up with a firm top but a moist inside – just how I like it! I suggest cooking a few minutes longer if you prefer a more firm brownie and cookie.
- Serve up warm with a scoop of ice cream on top!