Chocolate is definitely my guilty pleasure... although I never actually feel guilty about eating it because it's so darn good for you! Load me up with that raw cacao and I'm feeling on top of the world for hours! Before I was diagnosed with PCOS and cut out refined sugar, bounty bars were definitely a firm favourite for me, so I made this little protein rich and nutrient dense alternative when you need a little pick me up in the afternoon (or any time of day really). They taste like heaven on earth... you're welcome ;)
1 sachet Missfits Vanilla Protein
1/4 cup ground almonds
1 cup desiccated coconut
1teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoon coconut oil
70g high percentage raw chocolate
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate.
- Blitz until well combined and has formed a sticky dough like consistency.
- Squish the mix into a tupperware box and flatten down to about 1inch thick.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Once the mix has set, remove from the freezer and cut into bite size chunks.
- Start melting your chocolate - I do this in a double boiler on a low heat.
- Once melted, pour over your bite size chunks until completely covered.
- Pop them back into the freezer for 10 minutes and then store in the fridge for a grab and go perfect little treat!