- 240g Wholemeal flour
- 45g Cacao powder
- 95g maple syrup
- 70g Almond milk
- 35g Coconut oil
- 80g Greek Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Apple Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 X Chocolate squares
- 1 egg
- 15 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Sweet Freedom fruit syrup
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 X sachet Chocolate Multitasker
- Enough almond milk or water to cover the powder
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to gas mark 5 and popping 8/12 muffin cups into a cupcake tin holder.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together (leave the chocolate until the end).
- In a separate bowl blend together the wet ingredients until the mixture has combined fully.
- Now you can add the wet to the dry ingredients and whizz them together until you have a fluffy batter.
- Put the mixture to one side and in a pan heat your caramel ingredients together until they start to bubble. Pop this into a blender and blend until you have a sticky mixture. You may need to add more dates if the texture isn’t sauce like.
- Going back to your muffin mixture – you can now pop this evenly (with a tbsp) into the muffin cups filling them half way.
- With a teaspoon add the caramel sauce to each muffin cup (on top of the first mixture layer) and then add the rest of the muffin mixture of top of the sauce.
- Cut your chocolate into little chunks and sprinkle them onto your muffins.
- With that done you can now place the muffins into the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Once the timer is done, insert a tooth pick and if it comes out clean then your muffins are ready! Leave them to cool on the side. Once cool, mix together your frosting ingredients until a mousse texture forms and with this, top the muffins. I left some without so I had a combination of different muffins. Feel free to do as you please! And finish topping with raspberries and coconut shavings (optional).
Recipe by Hannah from Hannah and Fitness