It almost sounds too good to believe. Cake, chocolate and healthy in the same phrase is not something we hear often, and yet here it is. The secret? An ingredient that adds natural sweetness, keeps you feeling satisfied, and makes it EXTRA chocolate-y.
So what is this secret ingredient?
Protein Powder! Yep, that's right, what before was regarded as the holy grail of post-workout testosterone-fuelled men is now your new best friend when it comes to baking. The bulky myth has since be debunked, and naturally flavoured protein powder such as MissFits' is the perfect way to boost the protein, naturally sweeten and balance the blood sugars.
Protein powder is so amazing in baking that there is even a free online cookbook about it!
I'm also going to point out here that it's important to use the right kind of protein, free from artificial ingredients, gluten free, and with no added sugar. A bad quality protein will add artificial taste and make it grainy - a big no-no! So go for quality.
If you're a healthy baking fan, love chocolate, or simply want to include healthier treats into your life, don't miss out on OVER 15 healthy recipes from the MissFits Nutrition eCookbook, and you even get it straight into your inbox!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- 2 servings Vegan or Whey Chocolate Multitasker
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons. coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Icing sugar or icing sugar replacement (such as powder stevia)
- Melted chocolate
- Add the beans to a food processor or blender and pulse to break down, then pour in egg whites and blend until combined.
- Add remainging ingredients and blend until fully combined, scraping down the sides if necessary.
- Pour into two greased 16.5cm round cake tins and place in a preheated oven at 185ºC.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, remove and let cool before removing from the tins
- Make the frosting by whipping the ingredients together. Layer over the top side of one cake and carefully place the other cake on top.
- Top with melted chocolate and raspberries, and serve!
For more recipes and to grab your own copy of our cookbook subscribe here!