For the Cashew Filling:
- 200g cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
- 1 sachet Vanilla Multitasker
- 4 dates
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp water
For the Chocolate:
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Start by making the chocolate by combining the cacao powder, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt in a double boiler and stirring until smooth and silky.
- Leave to cool slightly for 5 minutes whilst you make your cashew crème.
- Blend all of the cashew filling ingredients together in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth.
- Once the chocolate has cooled slightly (make sure it’s still runny), brush the sauce around your egg moulds to coat the outside. Leave to set in the fridge for 10 minutes and then keep repeating this process in layers until the chocolate is a couple of millimetres thick.
- Once the chocolate shells are set, add a tsp of raspberries, followed by your cashew filling and a final raspberry on top.
- Return to the fridge to set for 30 minutes and then carefully remove from their cases.
- Keep refrigerated or eat immediately.
(There will be plenty of cashew crème left over to have with endless breakfasts… you’re welcome)
Recipe by Sarah Malcolm for MissFits Nutrition.